Pages

Workouts

Looking back from where I am now on my workouts and where I started I literally amaze myself. When I first started going to the gym I could barely work out for 30 min. I started off by walking on the treadmill for 15 mins. Everytime I went back I would add a minute or two onto the 15 min I orginially started.

At my first trainer meeting I nearly choked when she told me I needed to walk at a 4.0 speed to burn any calories. Okay did she not see that I was OVERWEIGHT, but I listened. I figured she knew what she was talking about since she was the trainer. Needless to say I did try the 4.0 speed and well I could barely keep the pace. Sure I was sweating, but I don't think it was from the walking it had to be me concentrating so hard not to fall off the darn machine. Honestly, I think that was the last day I walked at a 4.0. I am no trainer, but I do know my body and how much it can take. In saying that I of coursed walked at a speed of 3.2 to warm up. After 5 min I would bump the speed every 5 min until I reached 3.8. The incline is another portions that I would continuesly move up. I kept this routinue until I thought I could carry a conversation with someone without getting winded.

Many overweight people would never step into the gym because of fright. Fright because the crowd you bump into at a gym are individuals who work out and look their best. Personally I was one of those people who NEVER saw my self at a gym. I always felt that someone would judge me for stepping foot in one. I've been extremly hard on myself since beginning this journey. I felt like people would be looking at me with judegment eyes while I worked out. But when enough becomes enough and your tired of being tired none of that crap matters. Once I stopped worrying what others thought about me and accepted me for me. I was able to go into that gym and not care if some skinny chic on the treadmill was looking at me while I did my routine. Its from that point when you actually get tired of accepting what others think of you. When in reality only GOD can judge.

Now I am glad I got over my fright bump because the gym is my santuary. Its a place now where I can escape this crazy place called "life." I can now say proudly that I am gym junkie and careless what you think of me. The gym has become my 2nd home from home. Gym members are the sweetest people I could have ever met. And I now know that they aren't judging me, they are encouraging me.

I change my workout routinue weekly due to getting bored very easily. Its good for the body to try new things. Once your body gets used to your daily workouts no progress will show. While I am training for runs I run daily. I start my workouts with a brisky comfortable warm up walk..usually at a 3.5 speed. Then gradually moving the speed up to 4.2. Once I warm up I start running at a 4.9 and finish with a 6.0. Depending on time I try to run anywhere from 15-60 minutes. Stretching is very important before and after your walks or runs. I also do some weight training. My workout consist of 60-120min sessions.

Hope this helps some of you all! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment