Pages

6.2 Mile run/walk

Ok, so I am kinda getting bored of my same workout mornings. It usually consist of me dropping my son off at school and then heading to the gym for an hour or so. This routine is something I do non stop weekly. Well yesterday I caught myself feeling like I didn't want to hit the gym. I knew that if I went I was probably going to end up walking for 15min and the other time walking around the gym deciding what weight machine to do. To top it off I would be driving home feeling unaccomplished for the day.

So I decided to change it up. Its true when someone tells you running on a treadmill is nothing like running on the actually ground. When I am running on the treadmill I can last anywhere from 4-6miles. Ask me about the ground run and thats a different story. Eventhough it maybe a little struggle running outside I push my self just as hard as I do in the gym. Defeat for me isn't an option. I will push myself until I can no longer push. As scary as it sounded I took my workout outside today.

It was very nice out today. It wasn't too cool or too hot. I had already mapped out the route may days ago. I am currently training for a 5K run here and needed an alt place to run a 5K. This is only to see how much my body can take and how much work I needed before the race. Feeling kinda blah at first I walked my first 2 miles. This is only so I could warm-up my muscles. After seeing another person across the road running I was like heck no he isn't going to be the only person running today. Yes I know it sounds wicked! I tend to trick my mind into things so I can get pumped to run, even if it mean the other person not even knowing it. After reading that section back I don't think that made much sense, lol!

Anyways,the run/walk turned out to be the GREATEST workout ever. I might be doing that again very soon just because I got fresh air, and a chance to clear my mind!

Hope everyone had a great work out today!



No comments:

Post a Comment